News Flash

Township- News

Posted on: April 1, 2021

No Soliciting!

Non Solicitation Button on Wood Floor

Over the last couple of weeks, we have had an influx of residents asking about the Non-Solicitation List and what it means.

Here is some information according to the Township of Pine Code, Chapter 120; Peddling and Soliciting, 

  • It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in the business of peddler, solicitor, canvasser, transient merchant, or itinerant vendor as defined in §120-3 of chapter 120 within the Township of Pine without first obtaining a license.  You may ask to see the permit and report them to the Northern Regional Police Department if they do not present it.
  • No licensee shall engage in the business of peddling, soliciting, or canvassing upon any premises displaying a sign prohibiting such activity, §120-11.
  • No person, whether or not required to obtain a license under the provisions of this chapter, shall peddle, canvas, or solicit within the Township of Pine without first obtaining from the Cheif of Police or the Clerk a list of all residences and dwelling units within the Township of Pine where the owner/occupant of the residence or dwelling unit has provided written notification that they do not desire to be visited on such premises at any time by any person performing any peddling, canvassing or soliciting activity, §120-3. You may notify the police (911) if you are on the list and still getting solicitors.
  • Licenses issued under the provisions of this chapter may be revoked by the Cheif of Police after notice and hearing for any of the following; Fraud, misrepresentation or false statement contained in the application for license; fraud misrepresentation or false statement made in the course of carrying on his/her business as a solicitor, peddler, canvasser or transient merchant or itinerant vendor; Any violation of this chapter; Conviction of any crime involving moral turpitude or Conducting his/her business in an unlawful manner or in such a manner as to constitute a menace to the health, safety or general welfare of the general public. §120-14.

Essentially, if you have filled out the Non-Solicitation form (found on the homepage of the Township website) and you still have solicitors, you may call the police (911) and file a complaint.  If the police receive numerous calls for the same solicitor, the Chief could revoke the solicitors’ permit.

Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Email